The Liechtenstein CITY PALACE in Bankgasse, near the Burgtheater and the Volksgarten, is regarded as the first major late baroque building in Vienna. Baroque stucco ceilings combine with the sumptuous Rococo Revival interior, the original furnishings and the elaborate parquet floors by Michael Thonet to create a harmonic whole and provide insights into ages past.
The magnificent premises are available for events and can be viewed as part of a guided tour.
Renovation of the CITY PALACE (.PDF)
CITY PALACE history (.PDF)
The impressively restored GARDEN PALACE with the Hercules Hall and the Ladies' Apartments as well as the extensive gardens is available for hire as an innovative events venue for 10 to 1600 guests. The unequalled atmosphere conveys an impression of aristocratic life. The centrepiece, the private art collection of the Prince von und zu Liechtenstein, contains masterpieces of art from the early Renaissance to the Biedermeier. Exclusive guided tours of the Princely Collections offer guests the chance to acquaint themselves with a tradition of collecting spanning more than 400 years. The park is open to the public, and, from the baroque parterre to the landscaped gardens, it presents floral displays that change with each season, a pond with a magnificent sculpture and ancient and dignified trees. The wineshop of the Princely wine cellars, apartments and offices are accommodated in the palace´s out-buildings.
GARDEN PALACE history (.PDF)